Monday, November 14, 2011

Happy Children's Day



Whenever I see him, I could never stop looking at him. He is so cute and chubby. His naughty smile can enchant anyone. He is always cheerful and loves to make others happy. What else should he need to be so special…!

My cousin’s one year old baby was with me last weekend. He made my holidays really wonderful. It is always nice to play with kids. They can take away your worries, depression etc. All kids have an innocent expression.

Though I don’t admire Jawaharlal Nehru as a great leader, I respect him for his love towards kids. He said, “Children are like the buds in a garden. They should be carefully and lovingly nurtured, as they are the future of the nation and the citizens of tomorrow.” He never showed any discrimination between the sexes and believed in giving equal opportunities to girls and boys. Actually, his own little girl grew up to be the third Prime Minister of India.

Children called him 'Chacha Nehru’ and he was the 'beloved' of all the children. As a tribute for his love, today (November 14) is celebrated as Universal Children’s Day in India. Special functions are held to honor children all over the country. I still remember how excited I was during my childhood days. In my primary school, this day was celebrated in a grand manner. There will be 2-3 days of celebration. We just had to go, participate and enjoy the programs. The whole school will be decorated and the students will be in colorful dresses. Those days were my favorites during an academic year as I don’t have to study. Today when I saw a rally of school kids, I remembered those days.

Every individual has a child inside. Also, you will always be a kid in the eyes of your parents and teachers. So I can wish everyone a HAPPY CHILDREN’S DAY!!! Give breaks to your worries… Enjoy your life like a child….

4 comments:

  1. Happy Children's Day to you too...
    Thanks for your visit and comment in my blog.
    You are from Kerala as well.
    Nice to have 'met' you.

    Regards
    Deepa
    www.deepazworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear...You are a blessed artist and I really loved your works.
    I belong to Wandoor, a small village in Malappuram.
    Happy blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiny torts make you smile for no reason....But more importantly, they make you smile and forget your sorrows for all the good reasons!!! That's the advantage of spending time with kids.

    From: www.sriramnivas.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right sriramnivas...They can take away all our worries and simply make us smile :)

    ReplyDelete