Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tribute To Grandpa



A busy lawyer
A lovely father
A caring grandpa
An amazing writer!

I learned to walk
Holding your fingers!
I started to write
With your blessings!

You made me realize
The power of words!
You helped me to dream
The world of verse!

For every question,
You had an answer.
For each step,
I had your support!

Quietly and calmly
You left the world,
With many doubts
Still unanswered…!


(My grandfather MCV Bhattathiripad died exactly five years back. He was my guide and inspiration. My words have become powerless while writing about him as he was the one who corrected me when I started to write in my childhood days. Even today, I miss his care and love. Hope he reads this tribute and blesses me from the heaven.)

24 comments:

  1. a wonderful tribute to your Grandpa... & its sure that you'll have all his blessings... May his soul rest in peace.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it!!! A nice honor to ur grandpa..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started to write with your blessings... that brings to mind a lot of memories of Vidyarambham for me too.. a wonderful tribute to a very special person. :) Nice one Roopa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your words Niranjan Das

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vidyarambam is exactly what I meant. Thanks for your words Leo

    ReplyDelete
  6. gudOne...hndrd prayrz 4 ur grandpa.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grandparents are always so special. Lovely tribute Roopa. It somewhat brought out some pain hidden inside me. I also have lost my grandma recently.
    Sayantini Bhattacharya
    another part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you said is absolutely right...Let your grand ma's soul rest in peace

      Delete
  8. Yes, that is what they all do! A fine tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very touching!! I am sure Grandpa would have been touched and proud!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. With grandpa's blessing surly you will decipher all your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful tribute to your Great Grandpa..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,

    We're interested in advertising on your blog / website. Let me know if you're interested in discussing further about it.

    Thanks

    Amandeep singh
    aman@accu-ratemedia.com

    ReplyDelete