Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Let’s not close it soon



My words speak better than sound,
My letters tell better than tone.
Writings are my habitats,
Know me nowhere else.

I stood lonely in darkness,
You held my hands softly.
I asked to move away,
You left silently…

No tears in my eyes,
Yet my lips shivered once.
With hours of silence,
I had to sigh forever.

Sweating me and summer,
Both yearned for a rain.
To survive with smile,
To cool ourselves down!

Never forget to look back,
To find me at the place we met.
I stand frozen and still,
As showers touched me not!

A chapter is easy to turn off,
We have many pages left,
Puzzles and problems ahead,
Let’s not close it soon.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! Yes chechii Let's not close it soon!! way to go!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chanced upon your blog while searching for a good kerala painting, which happened to be the pic in one of your write-ups.. You write well, poems reflect feelings well, but a post a couple of random readings, your vein seems to carry the same emotions; maybe its a poor & quick interpretation on my part.. for a change, get involved in community service, explore & expand your subjects of writing, develop new interests & expand your social circle: maybe its time the village girl needs transformation & address bigger social issues..again its my interpretation only, plzz..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right. I have been carried away by certain emotions. I am trying hard to get away from those chaos. In shaa Allah! Hope I could write something worthy soon

      Delete
  3. "i asked to move away,
    you left silently..."
    explains some deep seated emotional turmoil :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emotions travel so deep into our hearts. Thanks Rakhi for your lovely feedback

      Delete